The Africa Cup of Nations match is in full swing and in consequence a lot of Premier League gamers might be required to depart their squad at some point of their nation within the 2022 competitors to be performed in Cameroon.
The match was initially scheduled for summer season 2021 however has been postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. There have been fears that because of the enhance in circumstances stemming from the Omicron variant, it might be canceled solely, however in the long run it was determined to maneuver the match ahead.
AFCON 2021 runs January 9 by February 6, which suggests gamers can miss as much as a month of membership soccer, plus any extra break required after their keep within the competitors. The match might be performed in Cameroon, with six venues in 5 cities deliberate to host video games.
MORE: New TV dwelling for the US Premier League
Listed below are all the main points on gamers leaving the Premier League and which video games they may miss.
When do the Premier League gamers go to AFCON?
Golf equipment aren’t required to launch gamers taking part within the Africa Cup till January 3, which signifies that on the New 12 months’s weekend from January 1-2, the gamers have been obtainable for Premier League matches, which featured 14 of the 20 Premier League golf equipment had video games deliberate. Manchester United and Wolves play on January third.
The primary recreation of the AFCON competitors will happen on January ninth between the hosts Cameroon and Burkina Faso, on the opening day Ethiopia and Cape Verde may even play. The schedule then gives for 3 to 4 group video games per day. The spherical of 16 begins on Sunday, January twenty third.
Gamers will return to their golf equipment as soon as their nation is eradicated, so gamers might be again within the Premier League motion later this month, with gamers making the finals having the longest absences.
MORE: Is the Premier League title race over?
Which Premier League gamers go to AFCON?
A complete of 16 out of 20 Premier League golf equipment will see a thinner roster subsequent month as gamers depart to attend AFCON. Leeds United, Tottenham Hotspur, Newcastle United and Norwich Metropolis are the one 4 groups not affected.
Of the 38 Premier League gamers sacked, Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Leicester Metropolis and Watford might be hardest hit as all of them lose 4 gamers every. The Foxes appear to be the membership that has probably the most to lose as they’re already very skinny because of current harm issues. Arsenal will see a lot of starters or vital squad step down whereas Liverpool will lose a pair of star attacking gamers.
Right here is the complete listing of gamers leaving Premier League golf equipment after being known as up for the match:
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon)
- Mohamed Elneny (Egypt)
- Thomas Partey (Ghana)
- Nicolas Pepe (Ivory Coast)
- Great Nakamba (Zimbabwe)
- Bertrand Traore (Burkina Faso)
- Mahmoud Trezeguet (Egypt)
- Tarique Fosu-Henry (Ghana)
- Julian Jeanvier (Guinea)
- Frank Onyeka (Nigeria)
- Maxwel Cornet (Ivory Coast)
Hakim Ziyech is a daily member of the Moroccan workforce however was excluded from the AFCON squad because of a dispute with the nationwide workforce’s head coach.
- Jordan Ayew (Ghana)
- Chiekhou Kouyate (Senegal)
- Jeffrey Schlupp (Ghana)
- Wilfried Zaha (Ivory Coast)
- Jean-Phillippe Gbamin (Ivory Coast)
- Alex Iwobi (Nigeria)
- Daniel Amartey (Ghana)
- Kelechi Iheanacho (Nigeria)
- Nampalys Mendy (Senegal)
- Wilfried Ndidi (Nigeria)
- Naby Keita (Guinea)
- Sadio Mane (Senegal)
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt)
- Eric Bailly (Ivory Coast)
- Amad Diallo (Ivory Coast)
- Moussa Djenepo (Mali)
- Mohammed Salisu (Ghana)
- Peter Etebo (Nigeria)
- Adam Masina (Morocco)
- Ismaila Sarr * (Senegal)
- William Troost-Ekong (Nigeria)
Emmanuel Dennis has been known as as much as the Nigerian squad however won’t attend after the nationwide workforce missed a deadline to inform Watford of his inclusion.
* A tug-of-war between membership and nation appears to be raging round Ismaila Sarr as properly. The Senegalese Affiliation introduced in an announcement that Watford won’t permit Sarr to enter the competitors.
- Willy Boly (Ivory Coast)
- Romain Saiss (Morocco)
Premier League AFCON participant calls by nation
Ivory Coast can have probably the most Premier League gamers in its squad than some other nation, at seven. Ghana and Nigeria will every have six EPL gamers.
- Stated Benrahma (West Ham)
- Riyad Mahrez (Manchester Metropolis)
Burkina Faso (1):
- Bertrand Traore (Aston Villa)
- Mohamed Elneny (Arsenal)
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
- Mahmoud Trezeguet (Aston Villa)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal)
- Jordan Ayew (Crystal Palace)
- Daniel Amartey (Leicester Metropolis)
- Tarique Fosu-Henry (Brentford)
- Thomas Partey (Arsenal)
- Mohammed Salisu (Southampton)
- Jeffrey Schlupp (Crystal Palace)
- Julian Jeanvier (Brentford)
- Naby Keita (Liverpool)
Ivory Coast (7):
- Eric Bailly (Manchester United)
- Willy Boly (wolves)
- Maxwel Cornet (Burnley)
- Amad Diallo (Manchester United)
- Jean-Phillippe Gbamin (Everton)
- Nicolas Pepe (Arsenal)
- Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)
- Yves Bissouma (Brighton)
- Moussa Djenepo (Southampton)
- Adam Masina (Watford)
- Romain Saiss (wolves)
- Peter Etebo (Watford)
- Kelechi Iheanacho (Metropolis of Leicester)
- Alex Iwobi (Everton)
- Wilfried Ndidi (Leicester Metropolis)
- Frank Onyeka (Brentford)
- William Troost-Ekong (Watford)
- Chiekhou Kouyate (Crystal Palace)
- Sadio Mane (Liverpool)
- Edouard Mendy (Chelsea)
- Nampalys Mendy (Leicester Metropolis)
- Ismaila Sarr * (Watford)
* Senegal has introduced that Watford has chosen to not launch Ismaila Sarr, regardless of a requirement below FIFA guidelines.
- Great Nakamba (Aston Villa)