No. Four Ohio State opens its Massive Ten season with a highway matchup in opposition to Minnesota at Huntington Financial institution Stadium on Thursday.
Recreation time is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET on FOX.
For the state of Ohio, it marks the start of a attainable fifth straight season of the Massive Ten championship. Third 12 months coach Ryan Day hasn’t misplaced a convention recreation, and new quarterback CJ Stroud will throw at arguably the perfect group of receivers within the FBS. The Buckeyes have a number of thrilling newcomers who’re additionally decided to make a distinction.
Minnesota is trying to get better from a 2019 season of COVID-plagued. The Gophers completed 3-Four final 12 months, however PJ Fleck goes into his fourth season with a returning quarterback in Tanner Morgan and the main rusher in Mohamed Ibrahim.
DECOURCY: Ohio State because the Massive Ten bully will not be in sight
This is the whole lot it is advisable to find out about betting on the Thursday night time matchup between Minnesota and Ohio State:
Odds courtesy of FanDuel.com
Ohio State vs. Minnesota odds
- Distribution: Ohio State -13.5
- Over / below: 65.5
- Moneyline: Ohio State -520, Minnesota +370
Three developments it is best to find out about
Ohio State 17-Zero S / U in Massive Ten video games below Day, and the Buckeyes are 6-1 ATS road favorites for the previous two seasons.
– The Buckeyes received the final 11 video games within the sequence, however the final three video games weren’t full blowouts. Ohio State received these video games averaging 12.Three factors per recreation.
– Since Fleck took over in 2017, Minnesota is 14-11 ATS because the underdog and 5-5 ATS as the house underdog.
Three issues to see
– CJ Stroud. The Buckeyes have a brand new quarterback, and he has a deep reception room to work with. Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson acquired probably the most consideration, however Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Julian Fleming, Marvin Harrison Jr., and Emeka Ebuka will all be on the rotation. It’s not unreasonable to assert that each one six of those recipients can be chosen within the first spherical sooner or later. That ought to permit Stroud to settle in together with his first road begin.
– Mohamed Ibrahim. The Buckeyes led the Massive Ten in a hasty protection final season, and you may’t beat the four-time Massive Ten champion with out a sturdy operating recreation. Ibrahim led the Massive Ten final season with 1,076 speeding yards, and the 210-pound operating again had 100 yards or extra in each recreation. If Ibrahim can reel off some huge runs sooner, Minnesota may benefit from that momentum. The Buckeyes have allowed a mean of 23 factors per recreation of their final three opening video games.
– Go rush within the state of Ohio. Morgan will need to take a look at Ohio State highschool vertical passing, however will he have time? The Gophers have a veteran line of 5 seniors, they usually need to hold Zach Harrison and Tyreke Smith off the ledge and Haskell Garrett inside. Will we see five-star newbies Jack Sawyer and JT Tuimoloau on the rotation?
Statistics that rely
With all of the speak concerning the Ohio State quarterback and receivers, the Buckeyes nonetheless led the Massive Ten in 2020 with 275.1 yards per recreation. Grasp Teague is the brand new leadback, however Miyan Williams and TreVeyon Henderson may even be concerned on this assault. Minnesota allowed 207.1 yards per recreation final season. Clemson switch Nyles Pinckney ought to assist the Gophers up entrance, however that is an enormous problem for any crew.
Ohio State vs. Minnesota prediction
It is a enjoyable stage for each groups. Minnesota needs to be excited, and the Gophers may even rating factors with some well-designed video games for Ibrahim first. The Buckeyes’ depth will begin within the second quarter, nevertheless, and Stroud will meet Wilson and Olave for TDs within the second half. This operating recreation wears the gophers. Ohio State comes out with one other double-digit win within the Massive Ten recreation.
Backside line: Ohio State 39, Minnesota 22